Erectile dysfunction (ED) is often a challenging and sensitive subject to talk about, but it’s also a very common condition among men of all ages. Any dysfunction in the body is a way for our bodies to communicate to us that something is out of balance and needs to be addressed, and it’s the same with erectile dysfunction. Here is a short list of common causes of ED:
- Relationship issues
- Performance anxiety
- Alcohol consumption
- Anxiety and depression
- Enlarged prostate gland
- Other medical diseases
Natural Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction:
1. Acupuncture for Male Erectile Dysfunction
Acupuncture focuses on correcting imbalances in the body and can treat anything from emotional causes like stress, to physical causes such as fatigue and pain. Fine needles are inserted into specific acupoints along the meridians of your body to stimulate the flow of qi which allows your body to heal and restore its balance.
There are a few studies that support the use of acupuncture as a viable treatment for ED. In a 1999 study, acupuncture improved the quality of erection and restored sexual activity in 39% of participants. In a 2003 study, 21% of patients experienced an improved erection.
2. Herbal Medicine for ED
Herbal medicine can often treat conditions with greater success than pharmaceutical medications. Herbal treatment focuses on a holistic approach and treats the cause of the problem, rather than the symptoms, and has fewer to no side effects.
For example, red ginseng – often referred to as the “herbal Viagra” – is one of the best herbal treatments for certain types of ED. The root is steamed, dried, and grounded into a powder to be used in supplements and herbal formulas. In a 2008 review, evidence was found of the effectiveness of this herb for treating ED. In Chinese medicine terms, this herb is effective when ED is due to a qi deficiency. This is just one of dozens of herbs that can be helpful in treating ED. It is best taken in a formula that balances its warming and stimulating properties.
3. Lifestyle Changes to Treat Erectile Dysfunction
Our lifestyle choices are often the biggest culprit to our illnesses, and it’s no different with erectile dysfunction. Whether you take other treatments, natural or pharmaceutical, an unhealthy lifestyle should also be addressed. Here is a list of lifestyle changes that can be made to treat or avoid erectile dysfunction and improve your health in general:
- Stop smoking: Smokers are twice as likely to develop ED compared to non-smokers as smoking hampers the circulation of blood in all areas, including the genitals, making it harder to get and keep an erection.
- Reduce alcohol intake: A study found that 72% of men with alcohol dependence syndrome suffer from sexual dysfunction, which includes erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation.
Movement is crucial to health. It doesn’t have to mean going to a gym. Just walking around the block is a good start.
- Manage stress, anxiety, and depression: These conditions are often the biggest culprits for erectile dysfunction.
- Be more active: A sedentary lifestyle can be devastating to your erectile function, especially if becoming overweight or obese. You don’t need to prepare for a marathon to improve your sexual function, though. Studies have shown that walking two miles a day can help maintain a healthy weight and can prevent and treat ED.
- Follow a healthy diet: Unhealthy foods like soda, chips, fast foods, and pre-made meals can cause you to gain weight and leave you feeling lethargic. This can harm your vascular function and mess with your blood flow.
- Get good sleep: Fatigue is one of the reasons why many men suffer from ED. Our sleeping habits are essential for optimal health.
- Communication: We often set high expectations for our own sexual performance, and as a result become afraid that we might not live up to expectations. Communicating with your sex partner about both of your needs will lower anxiety, make you feel closer to each other, and will make sex more enjoyable.
Ingredients Quantity Eugenia jambolana Lank. 40 mg Chlorophytum arundinaceum 35 mg Chlorophytum arundinaceum Baker 35 mg Tribulus terrestris 35 mg Asparagud racemosus 35 mg Calx of shell 35 mg Myristica fragrans 35 mg Withania somnifera 35 mg