- The most vital aspect of dealing with Asthma is it your own condition or someone else’s is to keep the surroundings and indoors free from the causative allergens.
- Our family unit contains a lot of accumulated dirt and particulate matter, so it’s extremely essential to have smallest amount accumulation of dust, molds, and dander particularly, if there is a pet in the house and plants and flowers that may trigger an assault.
- Allergens in the kitchen -There are definite culinary products also that may precipitate an attack like mustard oil fragrance or many spices etc. which can cause respiratory irritation in an Asthmatic patient.
Remedy -2 –
- Keep your house free from pests and mites invasion. Go for regular pest control choices to keep all these insects and microbes under control.
- Caution -Do keep in mind that the pesticides utilized for pest control are themselves very strong chemicals and care must be taken while going for any such alternative.
- NO Smoking please – Stop smoking and say no to Tobacco altogether. These days, cigarette smoking has been banned in public places in many countries.
- Tobacco smoke is one of the main trigger factors that are extremely irritating for the respiratory mucosa. So, it is better to give up this habit before it is too late for you to respond back to your health.
Remedy -4 –
- Watch your weight -Another significant factor that all asthmatics require to take care of is a regulation of body weight.
- Obesity in itself is a disturbing factor that causes impaired breathing. Because of too much weight, the heart and the lungs have to work harder for breathing the same amount of air all through the lungs.
- This causes shortness of breath and tiredness with even the slightest of physical work.
- In Asthmatics, where the respiratory system in addition to the immune system is very weak, obesity becomes a secondary cause that may often make worse the symptoms.
- Keep your mind and body relaxed and strive towards maintaining a peaceful state of mind. Strain, anxiety, depression and mental agitation can lead to all kinds of health issues.
- Asthmatics when under anxiety, encounter more recurrent attacks, made worse symptoms and a exhausting health condition. Such patients also discover it hard to respond to the medical treatment.
Remedy -6 –
- Honey is one of the best home remedies that are very useful for easing out the dyspnea in asthmatic patients. A glass of warm water mixed with honey is very helpful for asthmatics.
- According to Ayurveda, Honey has astonishing qualities that can wipe out and melt the phlegm stuck in the respiratory tree of the asthmatic patients. It is one such herbal remedy that is great for exercising long term control over Asthmatic condition.
- It evens out the irritation and inflammation of the respiratory tree. This relieves the spasm in the bronchi and leads to better breathing.
Remedy- 7 –
- Eucalyptus oil is a great natural decongestant that is derived from the fresh leaves of Eucalyptus tree.
- It is very useful for maintaining a normal air entry in the lungs as it is a great bronchodilator.
- It can be utilized as necessary oil and as a natural fragrance in the bedroom or it can be utilized by sprinkling on a handkerchief and kept alongside by the bed side or in the hand bag.
- Whenever necessary, it can be utilized as a decongestant nasal puff for respite.
Remedy -8 –
- Garlic is another herbal remedy that is commonly discovered in the kitchen.
- Garlic has a hot power and thus acts as a destructive force of phlegm in the body because of this property.
- Garlic cloves can be taken each day in the morning with warm milk by asthma patients.
- On the other hand, Garlic cloves can also be boiled in milk and after that taken for better respite in patients of Bronchial Asthma.
Remedy – 9 –
- Carom seeds or Ajwain is another very useful herb that is valued for its astonishing benefits on the respiratory system.
- It can be taken by drinking water having ajwain/ Carom seed extracts.
- Carom seeds can be soaked in the drinking water that is utilized by the asthmatic patient so that whenever he feels thirsty he is taking this water and not the ordinary one.
- This assists alleviate inflammation and congestion in the asthmatic sufferers.
- Breathing exercises are very useful in giving respite in all types of respiratory disorders.
- Asthmatics generally have a very limited air entry in and out of the lungs, because of which performing these exercises would become very difficult.
- But with regular practice, a few of the Pranayamas like “Anuloma” and “Viloma” can be practiced with extraordinary results.